Updated COVID precautions
HFCN is updating its COVID precautions due to the emergence of the Delta variant. This policy is subject to change day to day depending on advice from the CDC and NYS.
1. If you are vaccinated, update your Castlebranch account with proof of vaccination. If you have already done so, that is sufficient. Staff and faculty can provide their information to Dr. Dolan or HR.
2. All prior exemptions that were granted will expire on August 9, 2021. If requesting a medical exemption, provide documentation from a physician as to the reason. If there is no scientific data supporting the reason, the exemption will be denied and proof of vaccination will be required before the start of classes on August 16 (AAS) or September 1 (AAS semesters, GBS, RNB). The new documentation must be provided, even if you have provided documentation earlier this year.
3. If you are requesting a religious exemption, you must submit a letter from clergy or religious leader, on letterhead, with documentation that the religious organization at large has been unsupportive of the vaccine. The letter must also document your membership in the religious organization, and specifically state which religious belief you hold that prevents you from having the vaccine.
4. Since most hospital systems in NY are requiring proof of vaccination from all patient-facing staff, unvaccinated students will not be assigned to a clinical agency with such requirements. If an organization can be located without such a requirement, the student may be assigned there if there are openings for students. Since NYS is not allowing virtual or simulated clinicals as a substitute for a live clinical assignment, such students will likely not be able to meet the required clinical hours, and will need to repeat the course when, and if, there are seats available in the following year’s course.
5. Students/staff/faculty with an exemption are required to have weekly testing at the site of your choice. Results must be uploaded to Castlebranch account.
6. Students/staff/faculty with an exemption must wear 2 masks, one of which is an N95 which the College will provide.
7. All students, faculty and staff must wear their ID at all times, and carry the college-issued vaccination ID at all times as well. IDs will be checked daily at security, and periodically by faculty and staff
President & CEO