GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GENERIC BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE
All candidates for Generic BS degrees with a major in Nursing from Helene Fuld College of Nursing must meet the following requirements:
1. Combined credits in nursing, liberal arts, and science for a total of 120 credits. This may include transfer credits.
2. Achievement of a passing grade in each required course.
3. A cumulative GPA of 2.27.
4. Recommendation by the faculty to the Board of Trustees.
5. Compliance with all financial and other obligations to the College as announced in this catalog.
Students may complete requirements for graduation at the conclusion of any semester and will receive their degrees following completion.
AWARDING OF DEGREES
Commencement and the official awarding of degrees takes place in the spring. Graduates receive nursing pins at a pinning ceremony that is held a few days before graduation. Students will be allowed to attend and walk with their cohort if they lack 3 semester credits or less in a non-nursing course.
Bachelor’s degree students who graduate with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.70 or higher are awarded academic honors. Cum laude requires a minimum GPA of 3.70; magna cum laude, 3.80; and summa cum laude, 3.90.
GRADUATION IN ABSENTIA
Students who are not able to attend the graduation exercises should inform the director of administration in writing, explaining the reason. A student who graduates “in absentia” is responsible for contacting the director of administration to arrange to pick up their diploma. No part of the graduation fee will be refunded.