* All students must pass a computer literacy test during their first term.
All students are required to have the following technology to enroll in classes:
- A portable personal computer (laptop)
- Internet connection
- A headset with a microphone to plug into the PC (If compatible with your computer, your cell phone headset should be sufficient)
* This requirement is in effect immediately.
Minimum Computer Specifications
To ensure the best experience possible, please make sure your computer meets or exceeds these system specifications.
- 4th generation (4000 series) Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 and newer or AMD equivalent (Apple computers from 2013+)
- 4GB of Memory (RAM)
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 or better – Minimum supported screen resolution 1024×768
- Hardware Acceleration is required to render the graphics.
- Windows 8.1 – 64-bit System Type
- Windows 10 – 64-bit System Type
- Windows 11 – 64-bit System Type
- * Windows S is not a compatible operating system. Please follow these instructions to switch out of S mode. IMPORTANT: Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won’t be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There’s no charge to switch out of S mode.
- On your PC running Windows 10 in S mode, open Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
- In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an “Upgrade your edition of Windows” section, be careful not to click the “Go to the Store” link that appears there.)
- On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button. After you see a confirmation message on the page, you’ll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.
- macOS (three latest versions)
- 13 (High Sierra)
- 14 (Mojave)
- 15 (Catalina)
- Minimum 3 Mbps download connection (5 or more is recommended). Check your Network speed here
The following devices and operating systems are not supported.
- iOS devices (iPhones and iPads)
- Android devices (phones and tablets)
- Linux/GNU based operating systems
All software should be up to date. Older software may not work properly.
You can purchase equipment from Dell’s Education Purchase Program: www.dell.com/Helenefuld (This is only a recommendation, not a requirement. We are not affiliated with nor get a commission from this company. You’ll need to deal directly with the vendor with any technical issues related to your purchase.