CARES Act Emergency Relief Fund
Notice regarding the US Department of Education CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
30 October 2020
1. Helene Fuld College of Nursing signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement, with the assurance that the College has used, or intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)1 of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. Helene Fuld College of Nursing received $222, 757.00 for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students on 1 May 2020.
3. $222,757.00 is scheduled for distribution to the selected students in the form of debit cards. Each student is receiving $463.50. The College contributed the $3.50 per debit card.
4. Students eligible for Title IV funds and eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)1 of the Cares Act is approximately 525.
5. As of 26 May 2020, 339 of 466 students have collected their debit card.
6. Helene Fuld College of Nursing determined which students would receive the Emergency Financial Aid Grants of the CARES act by prioritizing those who had been the most disrupted in their education by the pandemic: the students who were taking clinical nursing and scheduled to graduate and take licensing exam in May 2020; the students who were taking clinical psychiatric nursing; and the generic program students taking clinical nursing and science lab courses. The funds were divided equally.
7. Students were instructed by email about the funds they were to receive, and to collect them from a local bank.